Well comrades, It’s spring now, the turning point where everything is given a fresh lease of life and the chance to make amends (looking at you Gonzo). Let’s now put the winter season on the back burner and now focus on the spring season animes. As usual, the spring season is the time of the year when many otakus suffer from anime overload and severe fatigue due to the large number of animes that are being let loose to prey on our souls. To avoid a serious overdose, I’ve trimmed my watchlist this time around and included only works which I will most probably not regret watching later.
Here is the list.
1) Macross Frontier. Though a Macross newbie I could sense that this will definitely be an epic mecha space opera. 1st episode impressions have been good thus far.
2) Kanokon: For the fanservice and the fox. Also, Mamiko Noto is a seiyuu for this anime.
3) Wagaya no Oinarisama: Yukana is voicing Tenko, the 1000 year old gender bending kitsune.
4) Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2: do I even need to elaborate on this?
5) Tower of Druaga: another Gonzo anime. Even though I absolutely detest Gonzo at the moment, I will make an exception because Gatou Shouji (FMP) is writing the screenplay.
6) Toshokan Sensou: considering the fact that I live in a police state where almost all the media is controlled by the state authorities and freedom of speech is restricted this show would be interesting indeed because war over the freedom of information is something deadly serious to me.
Since spring is a season for new beginnings I would also like to announce that I will be trying my hand at episodic anime blogging for the spring season. Most likely to be blogged: Tower of Druaga, Wagaya no Oinarisama, and Code Geass
EDIT: i’ve decided to review Macross Frontier instead. sorry for my indecisiveness.
P.S. I dropped To-Love-Ru because of fears that it will turn out to be crap like one of my favourite manga which got turned into an anime.